PDA

View Full Version : Britax RA isofit

petersmom
02-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Please Help!!!! We are considering buying a RA for our 5 1/2 month old baby. I am going crazy looking at all the details. Why do some describe the seat as isofit & others not, is their a difference? Also is their such a thing as straps that can be moved without completely undoing on these seats?
Thank You,
Peter's mom

Joolsplus2
02-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I think the only seat that they actually say has "isofit" is the Expressway, which looks like a Roundabout, but cannot rearface. Also, if you are getting your info from retailers websites, it can generally be *their* webmaster's interpretation, and could be outdated or just wrong...What you need is a convertible, so choose among one of these http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cfm?id=33C27183-F476-4A12-BABB37CC23C00ECF If you have a large baby, or you or his dad is quite tall, I think the Marathon would be your best bet, as it has VERY tall harness slots, and which can be used till a child is 65 pounds. For a more average sized baby, the Roundabout is a wonderful seat, as are the Galaxy and the Advantage. As for the LATCH/Isofit issue, all new seats have it (Isofit is Britax's patented name for their rigid LATCH attachments, and they seem to just be calling it Isofix now, on their site, which is the European LATCH standard), and the LATCH belts shouldn't/cannot be removed if you are using the seatbelt to install the seat, you just tuck them under the seat and forget them. HTH, Julie

Joolsplus2
02-11-2003, 01:03 PM
I just understood your question about "straps that can be moved without undoing the seats"....Yes, the Advantage has a harness on a dial, you just dial it up or down while the seat is installed in the car. While it can be a handy detail, it's really NOT too hard to take a seat out and re-thread the harness, and it only has to be done 3 or 4 times in the 3+ years you'll be using the seat. It's a personal decision whether to spend the extra money on that feature, basically :). Julie, oh, PS, you might want to hold out for the Wizard, which is like the Marathon in size, but has the Advantage harness adjuster dial...Rumor has it that this seat will be released in March, so hopefully you stil have some room in your infant seat?

petersmom
02-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks a lot, I just went to the web-sight for Britax, and read about the wizard. I didn't know it was coming so soon. Thanks!!!!!
Stephanie :D