PDA

View Full Version : roundabout v. triumph - seat height

rhk
05-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Hi, I am deciding between the britax roundabout and evenflo triumph. I am leaning toward the triumph because we do not use LATCH and Consumer Reports rated it safer than the Roundabout when using seatbelts as opposed to LATCH. It's also $100 cheaper and my son seemed happy in it when we tried it at the store.

My one question - sitting the Roundabout next to the Triumph at the store, the Roundabout looked taller (like it had a higher seat back). I'm wondering if my son would outgrow it more quickly than the Triumph? Both seats tell you how heavy a child they can hold, but not how tall ... any advice/opinions/info?

thanks in advance.

CPSDarren
05-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Though they are among the most fully featured models, neither the Roundabout nor the Triumph are among the taller convertibles. The Roundabout may indeed be slightly taller. If you think taller seat may be needed, the Britax Marathon, Graco ComfortSport or Evenflo Vanguard/Victory/Titan may be better choices.

Please don't put too much faith in Consumer Reports crash protection scores. They simply don't give enough information to make the crash protection score a meaningful method on which to base a choice. A much better way to choose the safest model is to find one that you can install easily yourself, that fits well in your vehicle and has the convenience features that will let you use it properly each time. Also, see http://www.car-safety.org/guide.html#cr .

Darren
www.Car-Safety.Org

rhk
05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks very much for your response. We are waiting to see how the Triumph fits in our car - if we don't get a good fit, we'll take it back. It's hard to navigate all this information, so I thought Consumer Reports was a good tiebreaker between the two. If the Triumph doesn't fit well, we'll try the Roundabout. My son is only 6 mos. old (18 lbs, 27 1/2 inches) so I don't know how much height we'll eventually need, but at the rate he's growing, I am a little concerned! The Marathon is probably too big for our car, however.

I really appreciate your input, thanks!