PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your RA? Dilemma here!! *So.Cal input needed*

ms tinkerbell
05-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Did you buy your Britax RA online or did you buy one from a store? If you bought it online how was the shipping?

Here is my dilemma ... I live in Seattle. My family lives in Southern California. I am traveling alone with my soon to be 9mo. old next Wednesday and instead of taking our RA out of our car and trying to install it in my Moms car at LAX ... not to mention carrying Evelyn in the Bjorn, the RA in a carrying bag, and our suitcase and diaper bag; I decided we need to have a RA for my parents house.

So, I need to get a Britax RA to my Mom before she comes to pick us up at the airport so she can have it installed and make sure it fits properly. (Her neighbor is a Ventura Sheriff)

Any ideas???

Help! Thanks!!

pjkart
05-12-2003, 04:28 PM
I bought mine online from baby catalog. They have a great deal on the roundabout witrh free shipping. I received the car seats within a week.

http://www.babycatalog.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/index.cgi?use_frames=yes

Kristine
Mom to darling Louis
6/19/02

Momof3Labs
05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
A Baby Catalog shopper here, too. You might want to place your order over the phone to make sure that the pattern you order is in stock, so that your mom gets the seat when you expect that she will.

houseof3boys
05-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I got an amazing deal on my RA from babylove.com from a tip from someone on this board. I bought it on a Wednesday and it was on my doorstep on Friday!

millerpjm
05-13-2003, 07:47 AM
I ordered mine from babylove.com ... selected patterns are only 159.99. I got 2... they came in great shape. Shipping was only 27.00 for 2 of them and they shipped the day after I placed the order.

Jen

Mama to 3 month old Thomas:)

casey118
05-13-2003, 12:03 PM
There was a post a while ago that Sid & Me had a great sale on Britax RAs. It is located on Lincoln Blvd. in Marina del Rey close to the airport. Their address is 8338 Lincoln Blvd, phone: (310)670-5550.

zen_bliss
05-13-2003, 05:36 PM
traveling tikes is in l.a, (century city). brian will match prices AND i believe they will install seats purchased from them for free. i'm not sure if they do it in scheduled clinics or at the time of purchase. seems to me like your parents could get it taken care of in one trip -- it's worth calling. sid n me is also a good option -- definitely ASK about free installation, it can't hurt!

to answer your other question, i bought mine at the zany brainy/rightstart in torrance -- not too far south of LAX off the 405 -- and the salesperson talked me through the installation though i didn't want it installed since we are using an infant seat first. wonder if she would have done it?

if your parents are coming all the way from ventura, maybe call there too and stop in before picking you up from LAX?

Tondi G
05-14-2003, 05:01 PM
I was the one who posted about www.babylove.com , the price can't be beat!!! If Brian at Traveling Tikes will do price matching give him a call and ask him if he can match babylove's price!!! If so your parents can head down a couple of hours before picking you up from the airport... I am sure you could ask Brian if he would be willing to help them get it installed at his store!!!! Good Luck!
HTH!

~Tondi

ms tinkerbell
05-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up calling Baby Love and they couldn't get the seat in time to the West Coast without charging me almost $50 for shipping. :(

So I purchased from Traveling Tikes in LA and although they wouldn't price match they didn't charge me shipping and the seat will be at my Moms house Monday. Evelyn and I fly in on Wednesday which will give ample time to get the seat installed safely.

Thanks again for the help! I ended up paying more than I really wanted too for a second seat, but its worth it for me to NOT have to bring the seat *EVERY* time I fly to LA (every other month).

So yeah, Thanks again!
Kristine

http://www.mstinkerbell.com/icons/evelyn_icon.gif