PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a sit 'n stroll?

Sarah1
05-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Hey--I am leaning toward getting this seat for air travel w/our 7 mo old. We considered just getting a 2nd regular seat, too, but since we'd only be using it for air travel this really seems to make most sense. I saw two different families with them this weekend and they had great things to say about it.

Can anybody who has one comment on it? I have heard that they are a little difficult to instsall rear facing. Is this true? Would love to hear any experiences with it! Thanks!

Sarah

ginalc
05-28-2003, 09:50 PM
You may want to post this on the "stroller board" and ask there. I know that Strollerqueen has one and has used it for years and states that she loves it for air travel.

Good luck!

gina, mom to 3

Momof3Labs
05-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Also try searching the old posts here - this car seat has been reviewed several times recently!

Kimberly H
05-30-2003, 03:56 PM
My sister travels at least once a month with her son (now 14 mos old) and uses it constantly. She wouldn't be without it! She did say when she comes here next month she'll use it forward-facing for ease so I'm not sure HOW hard it is to install rear-facing.

brubeck
05-30-2003, 05:26 PM
I had one briefly and used it for 2 separate trips (one with direct flights and one with connecting flights) so it was taken onto 6 aircraft and used in 2 different rental cars. I sold it but only because I planned on buying the new one with LATCH if I ever needed it again.

I have to say that it was terrific. It rolled and maneuvered well and installed very easily on the plane.

We used it both rear and forward facing in the cars. Rear-facing was fine to install, and I liked that it had a tether. Forward-facing in the car was a pain because the seatbelt went OVER the seat (not behind) and this made it difficult to get my toddler in and out without uninstalling the seat. The new LATCH seat overcomes this issue though.

Overall if you will be travelling a bit I really do recommend it. It was a big lifesaver in the airport and I liked not having to take extra gear.