PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Safe Embrace INFANT carseat

Joyce6830
06-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I have two Fisher Price Safe Embrace convertable carseats and I LOVE them! My two year old son is in one of them right now. My 5 year old daughter had graduated to a booster. My daughter went home from the hospital in the convertable and when my son was born we bought a Graco infant seat for the first several months because I liked being able to carry it around and not wake him up. ANYWAY - my question - I am pregnant and due in September. There are several Fisher Price Safe Embrace INFANT seats on e-bay right now. I am considering bidding on one for this new baby. Does anyone know anything about this seat? I saw that it did have the built-in locking clips which is a feature the I love and no other infant seat on the market has that feature. The picture looks like the seat does not come with a chest clip to keep the straps together. Since they no longer manufacture the seat I can't find much information about it online.

Edited to add: I clicked on the button on e-bay to ask the seller a question and this is the response I got. "Please don't respond to this e-mail. Any information on this product can be found in the product description or the picture. All items are sold as is and there are no refunds." Then it went into their payment policy and such.

Kind of rude I thought.

Momof3Labs
06-05-2003, 08:00 PM
The FP Safe Embrace infant seat was not very popular, that's why you are finding so many on eBay cheap. The FP Stay-in-View, on the other hand, is a great seat. Probably the biggest disadvantage of the FPSE infant seat is that there is no base! So you have to install the seat EVERY TIME you remove it from the car. Or, you can leave it in the car and just take baby out - but then why bother with an infant seat?

kss611
06-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I used this seat for my daughter and loved it. I wasn't going to buy an infant seat and then saw this one for $30 and decided that I may want to use an infant seat for the first few weeks and then move her to the convertible, so I did not want to invest in a really pricey seat. I just moved her to a Roundabout after 11 months in the Safe Embrace infant seat. I did not mind having to belt it in every time. I did like the fact that it had a higher weight and height limit (22lbs and 29"). The straps are the best non-twist straps. I wish all seats came with them. There is no chest clip. Just a note, most of these seats were manufacturer before 1999.

Joyce6830
06-10-2003, 02:07 PM
I just GOT IT in the mail today! That was REALLY quick. I think I'm going to LOVE it. It's really nicely padded and I love the built in locking clips. QUESTION: Maybe for CPS Darren - This seat does't come with a chest clip. I haven't had a baby in it yet because the baby isn't here yet but it bothers me that there is no chest clip. The one that is on my convertable Fisher Price Safte Embrace fits it. The straps are exactly the same width. Can I use this chest clip with the infant seat? The instruction booklet for the convertable says not to use the chest clip in the rear facing position. What is the danger in doing that? Seems to me that it would just make it more secure. Lots of infant seats (in fact most) come with chest clips.