PDA

View Full Version : Non-LATCH FF RA Installation ie:lockoff clip

jymarino
06-16-2003, 08:53 AM
We have the last model of RA made before LATCH came out and I am trying to learn how to install it FF. I've read the instructions on how to install it, and have looked at the lockoff clip but am unclear on how the top portion of the shoulder harness is going to go through the lockoff. I know that I will be using the upper lockoff, opposite of the buckle, but my question is, how exactly is the shoulder belt going to "slide into the lockoff"? When I open the lockoff, pushing the top portion all the way back, there is not much, if any, room to slide anything in, let alone the shoulder belt. I would have expected the lockoff to open enough so that the belt could be slid underneath and into it. Is the shoulder belt supposed to be folded and then shoved in somehow? That doesn't seem right to me, but I haven't tried to install this seat FF yet. It looks to me like it isn't possible to slide the belt into the seat, which if that is the case I have a serious problem! After all of this is worked out I am planning on having it inspected after we do put it FF, I just need to know how to do it myself also. Thanks for your help!

emmiem
06-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Just put the shoulder belt in the lock off clip and it keeps it there. Are you installing rear facing or forward facing? I had no difficulty with the instructions. This is the easiest seat I have ever had. You use the black lock off clip when RF and the put the shoulder belt through the red one when FF. Recheck your installation.

sbaker
06-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Ours is difficult to see to. What I did was hold the lock-off open myself and have my husband "wiggle" the seat belt strap into it. It actually fits much better than you would think.
Hope this helps....

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
SAHM to Rayce
02/09/02