PDA

View Full Version : Advantage vs. RA

nofeea
06-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Oh, I just can't decide! I was all ready to order the RA when I read a review by one woman who raved about the height adjustment feature of the Advantage. She said that her son had a growth spurt and was in-between strap heights on the RA. Also, I'm used to being able to adjust the straps of my infant seat from the front so this feature is enticing to me. Anyone have any opinions about this? And what about the Wizard? OH, HELP!:7

Momof3Labs
06-19-2003, 07:26 PM
If you are using the seat for one child, then you really won't adjust the straps that often - and if the child is in between slots, it isn't a big deal (use the higher slot if front-facing, the lower slot if rear-facing).

Not that there is anything wrong with the Advantage - it looks like a great seat - but most people probably won't use this feature very often. But if you want it, go ahead and get it!

kransden
06-20-2003, 08:35 AM
I looked at both. I bought the RA. I got it online for 179.00. They had an Advantage at BRU for the same price (clearance), but the seat cover looked like a nightmare to take off to clean. That was my deciding factor. I got the cowmooflage cover. It is very soft and it looks a lot better than it does on the websites. My husband feels it was designed to hide stains well. The fabric does grow on you.

I just bought the galaxy online from elite car seats(for the other car), also for 179.00. They had excellent customer service. It has more of an adjustable recline. We are installing tonight. We will try it out over the weekend and I'll give you a report on how it does on Monday.

Karin
Katie 10/24/02

kransden
06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
The Galaxy's recline feature works better in my SUV than the RA does. So dd can nap in the car seat better for long rides. It didn't make a difference in our sedan. I would get what is cheapest, but if it makes you feel better do the math. The more expensive seat might be $100.00 more, your child should use it for about 3 years, That is less than $3.00 a month more for the more expensive seat(10 cents a day). If you use it for more than one child it is even less.
I got my seats from BabyLove.com and EliteCarSeats.com, both had great customer service. You can't go wrong on whatever you decide. All three models are great!
Karin
Katie 10/24/02