PDA

View Full Version : Britax Question

mommy03
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
I've been researching convertable car seats this past week and have decided on the Britax. Though I can't decide on the Roundabout or Marathon. I like the fact that the Marathon goes up to 65 lbs front facing, but I'm still going to have to get a booster seat when dd is over 65 lbs. I've seen the Roundabout at a very good price on line but then I would have to get a booster sooner. Besides the weight differences are there any other advantages of the Marathon over the Roundabout??? Any suggestions that will help me make up my mind???

Thanks!
Jen
Mommy to Marissa

stillplayswithbarbies
06-20-2003, 11:59 AM
I wrestled with this same decision and decided on the RA. By the time she outgrows it, there may be new technology in booster seats and I may want to buy the latest and greatest. So staying the the Marathon longer was actually a negative in my opinion.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Joolsplus2
06-20-2003, 02:27 PM
if she's rather petite, go with the roundabout, if she's larger, go with the Marathon. one thing, though, the roundababout can't hold a candle to the rearfacing capabilities of the marathon...my petite almost 4 year old loves riding rearfacing in her marathon, and it is much, much safer for her. she is almost at the top slots of the roundabout now, so i would have to buy her a HARNESSED booster, with higher top slots after this, but i can keep her in her marathon till she's 6 or so, and then get her a belt-positioning booster till she's 10-12 (they must be in boosters till they are about 4'9"). as it is now, britax doesn't make a harnesed booster, and the ones available are OK, but nothing as good as a britax, so i don't mind having to skip that step (the OP has a good point, though, there may be a good one out in a couple years...).
That IS a great bargain on that Roundabout, though. :)

sbaker
06-20-2003, 03:17 PM
I have both a Marathon and a Roundabout. My son is average size (24lbs @ 16 months) and he seems MUCH more comfortable and happy in the Marathon. If the Marathon would fit in DH's car I would not hestitate to buy another Marathon and sell the Roundabout.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
SAHM to Rayce
02/09/02