PDA

View Full Version : '03 Kolcraft UCSS w/Graco SnugRider

JustMare
06-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Took DH to a baby store and he actually didn't like the PP Viaggio Carseat that I had planned for us. He prefers the Graco SnugRider.

Also, he actually likes the Kolcraft UCSS, rather than a full service stroller. I assumed he would think it was flimsy. He notices so many people in our building and neighborhood with them and he's drawn to the popularity of it :) Plus he liked the cool one hand fold of the stroller. Hey, if the little things make him happy...

Now, my question. I read this post on babycenter store:

"Buy The Older Model Instead - I ordered this model and ended up returning it because it didn't hold my Graco SnugRider carrier very securely. You can't attach the seat to the newly designed bar in front. It just rests on it and is only held in place with the strap. I think the new bar is only designed to work well with two carrier models, one is a Britax. The Graco Snugride attached fine on the old model however. The only other difference in the new model is that the basket is slightly larger."

Has anyone noticed this too????? I've never heard of anyone having trouble with it here or on the stroller board.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
06-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Perhaps that poster was confused about the "old model" being the baby trend snap n go? I'm searching my brain for 2 different models of kolcraft, and i really think there's only one (I could be wrong, but, like you, I've never heard this complaint before...)
Oh, there's a new seat coming out, the latch-loc 22, that is quite a bit bigger than the snugride and a really well-built seat...a tech on another board tested it out with a 7.5 mo baby, and he was long out of the snug ride, but still had room in the LL22...anyway, you're lucky you have so long to look for awesome gear!
Congratulations on your pregancy :)

JustMare
07-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks Julie.

I wasn't aware of two versions either. So I guess your right.

Now, the Latch-Loc 22 who will be manufacturing it?? Graco??

Sounds interesting....

But as you know, the more gear that comes out, the more difficult it is to make a decision. Too many choices!!!

Joolsplus2
07-01-2003, 09:02 PM
The LL22 will be by Baby Trend (I hope it fits with the Kolcraft seat carrier, since baby trend makes the competing snap n go!)

Here's the smaller one http://www.babytrend.com/Latchlocarseat.htm , the new one will have a "moveable back" which is what makes it bigger (but babytrend is SOOOO SLOOOOOOW to update their website, and the report of the LL22 was from a tech who gets early production models...I guess it'll be coming out sometime in fall?)

Yeah, you do have so many good choices! :) Maybe you'll see the britax knap-si and just fall in love, too (I'm sure it would match the fabric on one of the teutonias....just kidding! ;) )

jd11365
07-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Yes....go with the older model! I had an out of the blue wheel problem with mine and went to exchange. Fortunately they were nice enough to put the new one together in the store and it wasn't the same! The car seat now does NOT click on, it just rests on a stupid bar and you have to put the straps on. Fortunately again, they went into the back and found an older model to give to me...

Joolsplus2
07-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Wow, Ok, thanks for the update (and I *guess* that's why Kolcrafts were spotted by some folks for only $22 on clearance...D'oh!)
The "old" ones can be found for dirt cheap on ebay...and I bet most of them would be fine, since they are a new-ish product, and babies outgrow infant seats so young, they don't see thousands of miles of use...JMHO :)

Lori in NJ
07-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Mare,

I'm SO glad you posted about this b/c I just posted almost the same thing under strollers. My Graco Snugride came today and we were at Baby Depot looking at the Kolcraft UCSS... I could NOT believe that the seat did not securely fasten to the frame (I'm sorry but after tossing the seat off of the frame and watching it be held by a measley belt it gave me a contraction!!!)

I had registered at BRU for the Baby Trend Snap N Go just for the heck of it, guess I'll go back there and see if the Snugride actually snaps on next time... Thank goodness we have the time to research all of this stuff! }>

Lori

JustMare
07-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Lori,

Do you know if the Snugrider "clicks" into the Snap n Go?

Something to think about: Many people say that once you put the baby in the seat and belt it in place, it's secure. I think it has something to do with the weight of the baby keeping the seat in place.

I'm just really bummed that I didn't grab the Kolcraft for $20 at Target a few months ago!! :(

Let me know what you discover!!