PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Ride by Safety First

MartiesMom2B
07-02-2003, 07:29 AM
I'm wondering if the CPS Advocates have heard anything about this carseat. I was looking at the Baby Center website and they are having a sale and I saw this seat on here.

It has some features that I think I will appreciate such as it accomodates children up to 35 lbs in the rear facing position, it says that it has fixed the problem of twisty straps, and that it has a puzzle lock that will be harder for little hands to undo. Personally I have no idea what a puzzle lock is.

Any info. is appreciated.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Joolsplus2
07-02-2003, 01:29 PM
I saw one of these at baby depot. It is the same as the Touriva (and the eddie bauer 5-pt...it just has a nicer cover, and hopefully they are telling the truth about the thicker straps! lol...look at this pic..you can see it is sort of bunched and creased in the shoulder slot http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=37
Otherwise, this seat tends to install in most cars pretty easily, and the top slots are as tall as a roundabout, and given some of the complaints I keep reading about the Graco Cmfortsport (somewhat twisty straps and difficulty reaching the adjuster rearfacing), I think I might actually recommend this seat over the comfortsport, if that's what your budget allows.
As for the puzzle buckle (or 'lock'), you have to fit the pieces together before you snap both of them in at the same time...it's a little tricky to learn at first, and if you ever leave someone with the seat, teach them how to do it before you go!...but it seems to be shaped to make it tougher for kids to release.
All in all, it's probably not a bad seat for the price, and if the straps do end up twisting really bad, call cosco and complain! lots of people must have been doing this lately, or they wouldn't be touting their better straps, lol.
good luck!