PDA

View Full Version : ? about chest clip on FP Safe Embrace Infant Seat

Joyce6830
07-03-2003, 12:04 AM
I have a Fisher Price Safe Embrace Infant seat. I love that it has the built in locking clips but I am concerned that it does not have a chest clip. The directions on the seat say that one insn't necessary. My question is - Can I put one on there anyway? Can it cause any harm to have one? I have looked for one in stores and only found one store that sells chest clips (Baby Depot at Burling Coat Factory) and they are Graco and Evenflo and both of them look like there isn't enough room for the wider straps that Fisher Price made. Should I contact FP and ask for a chest clip from a FP Safe Embrace convertable? I would really feel better if there were a chest clip. THANKS

Momof3Labs
07-03-2003, 08:38 AM
You should call Fisher Price. Someone else did several months ago and was told that there is no chest clip for this car seat and you should not add one (because it was not crash tested with a chest clip). But Fisher Price can explain this best to you.

Joolsplus2
07-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Edited, because I was totally going on about the wrong seat!
Right, there's no chest clip with or needed for the FPSE-I.
It's still perfectly safe that way...just enjoy this short period where buckling up baby has one fewer step.... ;)

AngelaS
07-04-2003, 06:06 AM
Mine has a chest clip. In my instruction book, you don't need a chest clip rf, but you do ff. Or am I right in thinking you don't really need it, but they offered them after people complained that their child was climbing out without one?

Momof3Labs
07-04-2003, 08:36 AM
This question is about the infant seat - it sounds like you are talking about the convertible seat. They are two different seats.

Joyce6830
07-04-2003, 04:48 PM
I am going to call Fisher Price monday and ask how it could harm my baby if there was a chest clip. I know the straps are wide and if they are tight enough they shouldn't slip off but babies have such tiny shoulders, I would just feel better if the straps were clipped. Thanks for all the responses. I am going to add one as long as no one can tell me how it could harm my baby.