PDA

View Full Version : Tall child, tall mom, small car

mjgoldman
07-08-2003, 08:40 AM
My three-month-old son is around 24.5 inches and 15+ pounds and about to outgrow his Snugride. I drive a '96 VW Golf (4 door); to get the infant seat in, we had to push the passenger side seat nearly all the way up. I'm trying to figure out what car seat to get him next. Yesterday, I tried the Marathon in our car, but it doesn't fit. In the outboard position, it won't sit properly because of the headrest. In the center, it would require me to push both seats about halfway up. Since I'm 6 feet tall, I wouldn't be able to drive in this position.

I was thinking about getting the Evenflo Triumph instead and then replacing it with the Britax Husky once he was forward facing. My reservation with this is that the Husky is not airline-approved (and we will be flying frequently).

Any comments on the above or suggestions I may not have considered?

Added remark:
We could use the Evenflo for flying up until the 40 pounds, but suspect he will outgrow that well before we want him using just the airline seatbelts.

Momof3Labs
07-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Do you often have a passenger in the front seat? If not, could you remove the headrest? Have you tried a Roundabout? If you go with a Triumph, why not just use the Triumph when you fly (it is airline approved, right)?

Sorry so many questions, but maybe you will get a better answer with a little more information.