PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Roundabout and Marathon?

Grace_underfire
07-08-2003, 11:37 AM
I don't have my book handy and I am trying to finish my registry. What is the difference between the Roundabout and Marathon by Britax?

Can I skip the infant car seat altogether? I am thinking about it.
If I decide to go ahead and get an infant car seat I am thinking either the Snugride or the BabyTrend latch one. Those are good choices right?

stillplayswithbarbies
07-08-2003, 12:00 PM
The Marathon is bigger. That means that your child can use it longer, because it is taller and has a higher weight limit, but it also means that it might not fit in your car. The best thing to do is go to a store and try them both in your car and see which one fits best.

You can skip the infant seat, some people do just that. For me, it was great to have the snap in infant seat for the first two months when she was tiny and floppy and hard to carry. Now we only use the infant seat to put her in while we are in a restaurant. The Roundabout is much more comfy for her. If I had to do it all again, I would still get the infant seat because it is easier to use at first when there is so much to learn and stress over.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kristine_elen
07-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Get an infant seat, it will make your life so much easier! We had the graco snugride and liked it (lower weight/height limits than some, but it does feel secure). Just pop that seat out of car, snap it in car seat carrier (kolcraft or snap-n-go) and your baby won't even wake up and you can run all over town if you want. Also, the RA and MA are just so big for a littbe baby.
We have the Marathon now and like it. Higher weight limits than Roundabout. They are both supposed to be excellent seats. Check out britax web site for more info.
Good luck!

wendmatt
07-09-2003, 01:47 AM
You can skip the infant seat, but I just put dd into the roundabout (I have a small car so didn't get the marathon)at 7 mths and she looks small in it, so a new born would be tiny! I think if you can afford it, def get an infant seat. You'll feel so much happier getting the baby into an infant seat in the home rather than carrying a tiny baby out to the car. Also, they'll sleep in it and you can just attach it to the stroller without having to wake them. I didn't use mine for too long, but it was so worth getting.
We had the graco snugride, 5pt harness, front adjuster (very handy!) and have been very happy with it. The baby trend looked nice too.
Good luck.

C99
07-09-2003, 09:06 AM
You can skip the infant seat. I know people who have done so sucessfully. I was planning to do the same, but second-guessed myself and am glad I did so as my baby arrived 5 weeks early and never would have fit directly into a convertible.