PDA

View Full Version : Britax for twins

nsoule
07-09-2003, 10:01 AM
My twins are about to grow out of their Graco SnugRide infant seats. We have already purchased two Britax Roundabouts for my husband's Ford Expedition. I am planning on purchasing two more for my Acura 3.2 TL (basically the same size as a Honda Accord) but first wanted to see if anyone out there had tried two Marathons in one car. I am considering putting the Roundabouts in my car and getting Marathons for the Expedition. I am concerned about the size of the seats since my kids will be rear-facing for three more months. As it is, the SnugRides don't allow us have the front seats of the Acura back all the way.

Any other guidance for Roundabouts or Marathons with twins? I am guessing I will have to put one on each side (our SnugRides are currently in the middle and on the passenger side and I really like that setup but I don't think the Britax seats will fit side-by-side).

Thanks,
nsoule

Joolsplus2
07-09-2003, 12:12 PM
A tech friend of mine recently got 2 Marathons side by side, both rearfacing, in a Ford Focus wagon...It might take a little work, but I'm sure it would be easier to do that in an Expedidtion, for sure.
Also, remember that 1 year and 20 pounds is the bare minimum for forward facing...18 or 24 months would be a better, safer minimum, and the AAP recommends RF to the "limits of the seat", so 33 pounds or when the head reaches the top of the seatback. Here's a great page explaining how much safer it is http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx