PDA

View Full Version : Primmo Viaggio car seat, Baby trend latch loc and snugride

Grace_underfire
07-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have decided to go with the P3. Love the Eleganza pattern at babies r us but oh boy is that rough! I think I will end up with the chesapeake pattern simply because I am a chicken about other colors for stuff like strollers ;)

Now I am looking for a carseat (infant) and I am considering the Viaggio in the chesapeake material, the baby trend latch loc one (I actually already have that one but I might return) and the snugride.
DH has a 99 Maxima and I have a 2002 Honda CRV (the new design)

I have no clue what to do. I like the fact that the viaggio would match and snap comfortably into the stroller but it is so expensive.
Also does anybody know if the chesapeake is one of the fabrics that makes babies hot? Between the Snugride and the BabyTrend I dont know I like some things better in one and some better in the other one. This is sooooooo confusing.

Anyway how much do you actually use the seat with the stroller. How long do the babies tend to last in average on their infant car seats.
If any of you have insight please share. I am at a loss. Someone purchased the baby trend one from our registri at BRU so at least I can return that and go with the viaggio if I decide on doing that.

Marisa6826
07-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi Grace-

I have the PP infant seat and the Venezia stroller in the Aurora pattern (blue, grey, white and yellow plaid). I'm very happy with the seat. Although it is heavy, I don't think it's any moreso than the Snugride.

I have the Viaggio lined with the bottom of the Bundle Me and Sophie seems just fine in it. The Bundle Me is pretty soft, but then so is the Aurora fabric. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not as though you'll be putting your babe in there with just a dipe.

Also, FWIW, Sophie is 7 months (today!) and is still in her infant seat. I had her in the infant seat snapped into the stroller just today in the mall. We use it all the time since she can't really sit up yet. I have a feeling that once she is able to sit up on her own, we will venture out without the infant seat a lot more often. For now it's the Viaggio and the stroller or the Bjorn...BTW - she's a small munchkin at just about 15 lbs.

The other thing to consider with the Viaggio is that it requires the base in the car. I happen to really like and prefer this feature. It makes a pretty loud sound when you insert the seat, so you know it's in correctly. Some parents, however, don't like having the base. It's your call.

-m