PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with Britax customer service!

momathome
07-10-2003, 03:46 PM
I have a Britax RA that is 2 1/2 years old. We just moved this seat from our old Ford Explorer to our new! Mazda MPV minivan. After my dh installed the seat ff, I noticed the plastic at the base of the seat is separating in the area in front of the recline bar where the little Britax sticker is. I called Britax and explained what was happening and to my surprise, they said that this does happen sometimes from the force of the plastic being pressed against the back of seat in your car. They claimed it was still safe DESPITE the fact that it is pulling apart and refused to do anything for me, citing the 1 year warranty. I understand that they should not have to fix seats that are several years old, but when you spen $200 for a carseat, certainly you should be able to expect the plastic to remain intact for more than 2 1/2 years. Has anyone else had this problem with the RA?
-Lauren

murphydog77
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Yes, this is actually a common problem. Since I know of several people who have called Britax (including some who were within the warranty period) and were assured that it's not a problem, I'm not too concerned. I tend to be pretty picky about cosmetic issues, but I've found that with my RA, I never have the time to look at it, so it dosn't bother me much.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

Stpatrick_Aidan
07-11-2003, 12:53 PM
My RA is 4 years old and did this years ago and it is fine and Britax says it is fine so I am not worried about. I recently gifted this seat to a friend, I am confident that the separation is not a problem.

Shauna