PDA

View Full Version : Marathon--strap not connected correctly, easy to fix, but should I return it??

beckyr88
07-11-2003, 06:47 PM
I finally got my buns over to BRU this week and got the Marathon...I got it home and was checking it all out, and I just could not get the shoulder straps to tighten. I would pull the strap and it would just go slack. So I take a look down at the Harness Adjuster Strap and it is not threaded through the little metal clip at all, just through the bottom of it, so there was nothing to catch the slack (hopefully you can imagine what I mean, I can't seem to explain it well). Anyway, I threaded it through and it seems fine. What do you all think? Really, I think it's fine, and I would HATE to lug the thing back to BRU. It does make me a titch nervous that it wasn't done right, though.

What do I do??

Thanks in advance!

murphydog77
07-12-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm a little confused by your description. If the harness wasn't attached to the splitter plate (each shoulder strap slips over one side of the splitter plate and the harness adjuster strap is attached at the bottom of the plate), then I think it's OK to just reattach the harness strap and go--it probably fell off during shipping. But, if the harness adjuster strap wasn't through the A-lock mechanism (the thing you push down to loosen the harness), then I would return the seat.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

beckyr88
07-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Heather. Thanks for clearing up my language... the harness adjuster strap was not through the A-lock mechanism (the metal thing under the flap between the legs). It was connected to the splitter plate fine.

I was afraid this would be the response.

Thanks!!! Good thing I didn't chuck the box...