PDA

View Full Version : graco snugride

Momof3Labs
07-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Check your owner's manual or call Graco if you are in doubt, but my understanding is that a car seat needs to be replaced when it is in an accident this serious, even if the baby wasn't in it at the time. Insurance should cover this.

Wow - your husband was very fortunate!!

lvp49
07-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Is that the accident that happened this past week on Queens Boulevard??? It sure looks like it.

I'm glad for your family. Seatbelts do really save lives. The outcomes of rollovers like that reflect it.

bcblue
07-12-2003, 09:28 AM
I will e-mail Graco now. Thanks. And yes it was on Queens Blvd. It is all so horrible. But my husband is alive, and we are all greatful.

liya
07-12-2003, 10:55 AM
OMG thank GOD.......

To the question....No you cant use the carseat once its been in an accident..you can however get your insurance company to pay for a new one.....

murphydog77
07-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow! I hope your husband is doing well after that.

In any crash where there is body damage, the seat (and/or base, if it's an infant seat) should be replaced. Especially after a crash of this magnitude. A car seat, like a seat belt, is a one crash only item--it can only be guaranteed to be safe through one crash.

Like a previous poster said, the insurance company should pay to replace it.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

wendmatt
07-12-2003, 02:39 PM
omg, so glad your husband is OK. Def get a new one!

bcblue
08-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Can you still use a car seat after it has been in an accident? Fortunately my baby was NOT in it. And my husband miraculously survived. (ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!) I thought for sure that the seat was totaled with the car. It flipped over. But the police returned it without a scratch!! It is comforting to know that fact. But I thought I heard that it had to be checked out or something. Just so you know if I had to get a new one, I would deffinately be getting the snugride!!! Just look at the car.
I hope the attachment works.