PDA

View Full Version : got my Wizards

KM
07-13-2003, 09:51 AM
best deal i could find was babycatalog. bought the $25 membership and saved 10% off of two wizards with free shipping.

Got them Saturday, but have only installed one (in a non LATCH combatible car). The other will go in a LATCH equipped vehicle. Easy install as you would expect from Britax (same as the Roundabouts we own). I got the denim (same as my roundabouts) but i see on Britax that there are two other patterns for those of you who prefer the polyester blends.

I know many people have questions...it IS big, but i was able to fit the Wizard right next to the roundabout (Wizard behind passenger seat forward facing, RA in the center position rear facing) in my Grand Prix. Im not well versed in the other car seats, so its hard for me to make comparisons for others.

I love the continuous height adjustment. I know people say its not that big of a deal, its not like you change height every day. But, if you're like me, once you get that thing installed tight, you hate to take it out.

I cant imagine traveling in an airport with both the RA and the Wizard though. These things are bulky and awkward.

twouglyducks
07-13-2003, 12:01 PM
I have a '99 grand prix. Would this seat be HUGE behing the passenger rfing, or have you even tried it that way?? Just curious... I want one so bad!

LD92599
07-13-2003, 05:56 PM
We have an '02 GTP 2 Door....we have 1 RA already (not using it yet!) and looking to get either another RA, Wizard or Marathon. The Marathon looks HUGE though!!! Right now the Snugride is behind the passenger seat. I am dreading RFacing in the 2 door though.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

4justice
07-13-2003, 11:39 PM
just curious if your little one likes the side impact head rest? I have heard only a few reviews where the kids didnt like the 'confinement'. I was hoping to get one. So it's important to know if the kids like it.
Thanks for your time,
Malu