PDA

View Full Version : Aside from Wizard, what about Husky?

4justice
07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
As I had my heart set on the Wizard, I am not so sure now. That said, my son is about 38 inches, probably more like 35lbs. or less and almost 3 years old. Would the Husky be too big for him do you think? I will probably be making the long trip to the one place that has it here, to see if he fits well in it, I have a feeling it might not fit in my car though, Saturn SL1.

If anyone has thoughts or anything that would be great. In the meantime I'll check the car seat data compatability website for the car thing. Lightbulb only went off now for that one, lol.
Thanks again!

Joolsplus2
07-17-2003, 06:15 PM
I have a Husky in a Toyota Prius, and it fits just fine (and if the belt's too short, there are several ways to route it through the seat, so it very likely will fit fine). It's good from 22 pounds and one year, and my 3 yo dd, smaller than your ds, fits fine in it, though I got her a pillow to lean on for naps. It's wide, so don't plan on getting 3 across if you have that seat in.
I like that the seat's so low compared to my Marathon (about the same as the Wizard) ...sometimes I worry about dd banging her head getting into her Marathon, since it is up on such a high base...her head is up near the rear window...not UNsafe, but I just like how LOW the Husky is (she can still see out the window, though). I think it's worth the trip to look at and see if you like it...we really love ours...it's so big and safe and secure feeling, and comfortable with room for both my kids to grow A LOT in it :)

4justice
07-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Thank you Julie! I called that store and it's $250! So I'll probably have to get it online. I am hoping the 'big boy' look of it will get him in to his seat with less struggle, lol.