PDA

View Full Version : another britax question--what are the current models and what is being phased out?

peanut4us
07-21-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm boggled when I see that babylove.com is having a big sale on Britax Galaxy. And I wonder why.

Can anyone help me understand what are the newest models and what is being phased out? I am looking for a convertible seat. DD is 13 pounds and 24 inches, so I think she'll be out of her snugride in the next couple of months.

I know there is the marathon, roundabout, wizard, galaxy. Are there others? Is the Wizard the newest? What makes it cooler than the marathon or RA? Based on the discussions I have seen comparing the marathon with the RA, I think we would go with the marathon... but what is the difference with the galaxy or wizard?

twouglyducks
07-21-2003, 07:01 PM
I'll try, but you could also check out www.britaxusa.com to see specs and such.

Roundabout ~ conv. seat. rf 5-33 lbs, ff to 40lbs.

Marathon ~ conv. seat rf 5-33 lbs (but many kids can go longer due to the higher back and harness slots, they don't outgrow rfing by height sooner) and ffing W/ harness up to 65 lbs, though many kids will outgrow by height b4 reaching 65lbs.

Wizard ~ same weight limits as Marathon, but has infinitely adjustable harness height. Instead of having to un/rethread the harness through different slots, you just slide the headrest up and down. It has inhanced side impact protection. Many people have tried the seat and their kids don't seem to like the confines of the headrest, but as young as your baby is, she may never know the difference. PLUS Britax is coming out with a way to make up to 1.5" more width in headrest. Definitely try b4 you buy.

Galaxy ~ same weights as RA, but it has a split crotch strap (6-point) so it's supposedly more comfortable for baby boys. It has a rebound bar. I have never used one but hear and read that it may not be as user friendly as a RA, but it's a Britax, so it can't be too bad. Again, I would suggest trying it out before you buy it. It is certainly not a bad seat and you can find pretty good deals online.

http://www.babylove.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/shophome.html?L+scstore+ybmj2273+1057085975

HTH I am not a tech, just a big advocate. :) Good Luck.