PDA

View Full Version : Canadian car seats- which one?

KimberleyDawn
07-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Fellow Canadians!!! Please tell me what seats you are using! As you have probably seen from my other posts I'm getting pretty crazy trying to get the best convertible seat possible but struggling in my search.
Please help me!
Kim

KathyO
07-22-2003, 02:06 PM
I feel your pain... unfortunately I can't help you much as my seats are a pre-LATCH Roundabout and a Safe Embrace (discontinued). Where do you live? I occasionally see the Safe Embraces come up for sale used, in very good condition, and that might be a route to consider while waiting for Britax to get their fricken-fracken act together... The Safe Embrace got excellent ratings in all its tests, plus it's a really nice seat to use... That, or the other suggestion of getting a cheaper new seat while you wait...

Couldn't you just spit?????

Sympathetically,

KathyO

Piglet
07-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Safe Embrace here as well... I bought it the minute I found out they were discontinued and am so happy that I did. I feel your pain though; I wouldn't know what to get if it weren't for that one! I have heard some good things about the Evenflos, and I have heard some bad about the AO... but it is more important that the fit be right for your car. A cheap seat that fits is better than an expensive one that doesn't. That's my take on it, at least.

Marina

KimberleyDawn
07-22-2003, 03:00 PM
I have a van so almost anything will fit, it's just finding one I like! Can you recommend a website that rates Canadian car seats?
Kim