PDA

View Full Version : harness clip on viaggio

cj
07-29-2003, 01:49 AM
I find the plastic harness clip on the Perego Viaggio (2001 model) to be clumsy. Do you all out there think that putting a Graco harness clip would work ok? I wouldn't think there should be much difference in safety.

Your opinions please.

Thanks

CJ

Marisa6826
07-29-2003, 04:57 PM
I don't think it's clumsy at all. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

I think that you might run into warranty issues if you start attaching after-market stuff to it. More specifically - the seat was tested using the clips that are attached. By modifying it, you may be unknowingly decreasing its safety.

Just my opinion, though.

-m

Karenn
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh, I think I have to agree with CJ on this one. I hated the Primo Viaggio for many reasons, but the chest clip was reason #1 ! (Sorry Marisa!) It drove me absolutely crazy! I thought about replacing it with a Graco one, but worried about the same things that Marisa mentioned. I ended up just putting Colin in a convertible seat sooner. I'd love to hear a carseat tech's opinion though.

momathome
07-29-2003, 08:30 PM
I noticed at the Right Start Store that on the new Primo Viaggio, there is now a snap-together chest clip. Perhaps if you contacted Peg Perego, they would be able to send this to you? Just a thought!
-Lauren

cj
08-01-2003, 06:59 PM
thanks for the replys.

I emailed Perego and asked how to obtain a chest clip for the Viaggio. They responded the next day saying that they will be shipping me a clip. That's pretty good service!

CJ

momathome
08-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Glad to hear they were so responsive!
-Lauren

momathome
08-14-2003, 07:16 PM
CJ-
Did Peg Perego charge you for the clip??? Just curious - I was in the Right Start Store today and the Metallica seat had the old slide-in clip, although Right Start told me this is the new model for this year. They had the Black Sable with the snap-together clip, which is what I want, but i want the Metallica seat to match my P3. Just curious!
-Lauren

cj
08-26-2003, 01:19 PM
No. Peg Perego did not charge for the clip. I just filled in a customer service form on their website with my information and asked how to obtain the safeguard clip. Good customer service!

cvharris
08-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Oh, I'm so glad I read this thread! I HATE the slide in clip on our viaggio. I look at everyone else's gracos in envy when I see their chest clip. I just requested one via the Peg's customer service.

On another note, DS is a little over ten weeks old and he seems so crowded in his viaggio! Is it just me or is this seat much narrower than the others? I feel like we're going to have to break out his Britax soon...he's almost at the height limit on the viaggio anyway...

amyinNC
08-28-2003, 04:03 PM
I got one too (peg customer service replied within 24 hours to say it's being sent)! I'm SO excited. I hated that about my peg seat. Everything else I like .... well, except that it can't be used without the base - no solution for that though :(

I agree it seems small. My son is 12 lbs already and seems to be filling up the seat quickly. I can't really complain though, I found the seat and my pliko at Value City for $99 - after seeing a post here in the winter. I figured that if I bought another infant seat, I was still doing really well. And it looks like this seat will hold out until we have to move to the Britax.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I love these boards!
Amy
mom to Andrew (7/9/2003)