PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snugride--front harness adjustment--what is it?

LSC
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi, well I finally am in the business of shopping for my own baby. Looks like the Graco Snugride is the best infant car seat out there. What does it mean if it has front harness adjustment? Some of the Graco Snugrides have it and the some of the cheaper Snugrides don't and I am not sure if it is a big deal or not.
Thanks, Lori

TraciG
08-04-2003, 05:24 PM
The baby bargains book says to get with front belt adjuster because it's easier to use, the older models have the back adjusters.

justlearning
08-04-2003, 05:25 PM
I have one with the front harness adjustment. What that means is I have the ability to adjust the harness from the front, which is supposed to make it easier than making adjustments in the back. The harness is what holds the baby in place. This has come in handy when I have had to adjust the harness to make it bigger as he has grown or even for cases like today where his overalls were a little bigger and thicker than the clothes he normally wears, which made the harness a little too tight. Now tomorrow when he's back to just wearing a onesie, I can easily tighten the harness again. One adjustment does take place in the back but that's just positioning the harness to come out of either the bottom slot (when the baby's smaller) or from the top slot. That's something you will only change once, though--or in my case, my baby was so big at birth that it's always been on the top slot. HTH...

LSC
08-04-2003, 07:41 PM
THanks for the info!