PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found the Marathon to be TOO big?

LucyG
08-05-2003, 01:37 PM
We bought one about a month ago, and started installing it last night. Though we put the floor model in the car at BRU, we didn't actually strap it in. The thing (though I'm sure a wonderful seat) is HUGE! This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to tell if a seat is too big for you car (other than if it obstructs your view)? We could return it and get the RA, but I like the fact that a MA goes to a higher weight limit.

Joolsplus2
08-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Depends on what you mean by too big....can it recline enough? do the front passengers fit ok? have you tried it in all positions? mine fits great in my subcompact toyota prius, even with the front seat pushed all the way back! do you think it just SEEMS really big compared to your little infant seat?
so tell us what exactly about it you think is too big, i bet someone will have some great advice :)

jd11365
08-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Yes! We took the floor model at BRU to our Dodge Caravan and it was huge...we could hardly see over it from the driver's seat. We liked that it had a higer weight limit too, but bought the RA because we felt it was important to be able to see when driving! I thought I was crazy because people post that they have the Marathon in their little cars and here it was a beast in my huge Caravan!

Fireman_Dad
08-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Have a newer Marathon, fits Pathfinder and new 4runner perfect with no obstruction of real vision for drivers 5'3" - 5'10". Oh, and love the seat as does our son. Definitely one of the best investment.