PDA

View Full Version : tethering rear-facing RA in VW Passat

tdwmom
08-08-2003, 02:56 PM
My 2002 VW Passat does not have tether hooks on the floor so I am trying to locate an immovable section to tether my RA. There are no legs that the seat sits on and the seat belt is bolted to the seat. The part where the seat is bolted onto the car is covered with plastic. I can tether to the track where the seat moves back and forth, but then if someone adjusts the passenger seat it will mess up the carseat (the entire track moves). Has anyone located somewhere to tether on the VW Passats?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Kristen
08-09-2003, 01:21 AM
I have a 2000 Passat and the only place I could find to tether my RA rear facing was on a seat frame bar underneath the passenger seat. I cannot adjust the passenger seat now, but the car seat is very tight and the CPS tech who inspected it said it looked great.

August Mom
08-09-2003, 01:59 PM
After checking on these boards, I also tethered to the bar beneath the passenger's seat.

tdwmom
08-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Thanks for your replies. I did tether to the bar underneath the passenger's seat as well. I was just making sure I was not missing something. Thanks again for your help!

Stpatrick_Aidan
08-12-2003, 12:23 AM
It is perfectly fine to use that spot. I spoke with VW on several occasions last year regarding this and was told it was my decision to make, you just can't move the seat.

Shauna