PDA

View Full Version : Recently in car accident, insurance paying for new seat (m)

hotslings
08-09-2003, 10:47 AM
What should I get? My DD is 21 months and 30 lbs. I think I want a convertible so we can use it as a booster seat when the time comes. What do you have/like/recommend?

I also want to mention that I drive a 4 door VW Golf, so it can't be a huge seat.

Thanks!
Kristen

Joolsplus2
08-09-2003, 10:59 AM
How much are they giving you? At 21 months, *I* would get a Marathon...it's SO comfy and cushy and easy to use, and you will get a long time to use it (she can use it harnessed to age 5 or 6, and then just get a $15 booster after that).

If that's out of the question, then there are plenty of decent combo seats to choose from. Look for high top harness slots and a front harness adjuster. See the bottom half of this page for recommendations http://www.car-safety.org/carseats.html My personal choice would be the Ultra or Platinum Cargo, because they have a recline bar and DEEP side wings to support sleeping heads, and nice thick, non-twisty harness straps. The Evenflo Chase is also a really nice seat, and the NextStep is OK, too. Go with what fits your car and your kiddo the best :)

I hope no one was hurt in the crash!