PDA

View Full Version : OT - Donations for Car Seat Inspection?

Marisa6826
08-10-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm planning on taking Sophie's new Roundabout to a local police station for installation inspection this week.

Unfortunately our town doesn't do it, so I'm taking it to another. I feel kind of funny doing that since I don't pay taxes there.

Do you think it's unreasonable to want to make some sort of donation as a gesture of appreciation? I was thinking of giving them a cheque for about $40-50.

Any ideas on this one?? Would a police department even ACCEPT such a thing??

-m

mharling
08-10-2003, 11:20 PM
I had to take ours to a neighboring suburb as well. I didn't feel *as* funny doing it because it was where I was delivering and we did/do a fair amount of patronizing there. They had me fill out a form that included our address and the police officer didn't seem to mind at all. It never crossed my mind to make a donation, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt to offer. If they can't accept it, they'll tell you and I'm sure they'll appreciate the thought.

I plan on going back there for the convertible seat. At the very least, I feel like I should write a letter of appreciation. That's something you could too if you decide not to offer a donation or if you do and they don't accept it. Just a thought.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

samiam
08-11-2003, 10:18 AM
We just had our seat inspected this weekend and asked if they were taking donations. They were, for the police athletic league. So we gladly donated $20.