PDA

View Full Version : rear-facing tether in a toyota camry

Anna
08-13-2003, 05:31 AM
We have our rear-facing Marathon in the center position of our '96 Toyota Camry. It is tethered to the back of the front driver's seat track. The problem with that is the car seat is a little too far forward for me when I am driving. I can't tether to the passenger seat track because my husband is 6'6" and can't fit in the car with the seat so far forward. My husband felt around under the seat with the seat pushed all the way back and said he wasn't able to find a place to tether. I haven't felt under the seat myself yet. Has anybody else with a Toyota Camry found a place to tether other than the back of the car seat track?

Marisa6826
08-13-2003, 08:58 AM
I have an '01 Camry and have it attached in the same place. I'm assuming you have the seat in the middle? I don't think that I could get the seat to fit anywhere else because it's ALREADY in between the two front seats (I'm 5'-1" and do all the driving. Jonathan's 5'-10" but likes the seat all the way back.)

You could try doing it behind the driver's side and tethering it to the wallside base of the driver's seatbelt...

I already am wondering if I have it in correctly, because Sophie is definitely not reclined enough. I plan on monkeying around with it again later today if it cools off a little! :)

Good luck

-m