PDA

View Full Version : Base or no base for flying????

millerpjm
08-13-2003, 03:55 PM
DH and I will be flying with DS in a couple of weeks. We have decided to take the Snugride (even though DS is 3/4 of an inch too tall)because we do not want to uninstall our professionally installed Roundabouts. We have a stroller that can fit our Snugride, so we thought that would be good for schlepping through the airport. My question is: should I check the base or use it on the plane (or leave it at home)? Checking it would probably be more convenient, but I can't decide. Any advice?!?!?!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

mom2kandj
08-13-2003, 04:14 PM
No base! Just practice buckling your Snugride w/o the base so that you will be comfortable during the trip. We ended up having a tighter fit without the base and NEVER used the base. The base ended up in Grandma's car just in case! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

C99
08-13-2003, 05:53 PM
You don't need the base on the plane, so I'd either check it or leave it at home. If your carseat will be 1 car on the other end, it might be worth bringing it and installing it into that car. If not, leave it at home and just install the seat using the seatbelt.

JElaineB
08-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Definitely leave the base at home. Installing the SnugRide with just a seatbeat is actually pretty quick and easy once you have done it a couple of times. I did it for 2 trips of 1 week+ each and normally used the base. The base is really nice to use at home, but I had no problems just using the seat belt to secure it on the trips.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02