PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying a travel bag for my Marathon?

csa12
08-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone!

DH, DS, adn I are flying up North next week and I wondered how people checked their Marathon if they are not using it during the flight. Should I just use the plastic bags the airlines have to gate check it? Is it risky to check it as baggage?

Thanks, I know this probably repeats a lot of info but I appreciate the feedback!
Cheryl :)

sbaker
08-14-2003, 09:08 AM
When you check in with your airline at the counter ask if there is space available on the plane. They may let you take it on the plane even if you didn't buy a seat. If not then I would gate check it in a sturdy bag. HTH.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

csa12
08-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Hi Sara thanks for the feedback. I will definately gate check it vs baggage check. May end up buying the $40 bag to travel with it.

Thanks,

millerpjm
08-14-2003, 10:58 AM
There is an Eddie Bauer bag from Babies R US/Amazon.com for around 20 dollars.... if you're looking for a cheaper option. I was looking at buying it but we ended up buying a seat on the plane for DS. HTH...

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

csa12
08-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Ooh thanks for the tip Jen!

smomom
08-15-2003, 08:19 AM
When you check in, I would definitley see if they will block an available seat for you. Even if you didn't buy a ticket for your baby, the airlines are really good about giving you an open seat on which to place your car seat. It will make your trip easier if baby is sitting in a car seat. If you are taking a stroller, gate check it so that it is available as soon as you land.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Tondi G
08-15-2003, 10:50 AM
I would definetly buy a bag for it!!!! We got one at the right start and our Cow RA made it through without a scratch but the bag already hs rubbed almost burn looking marks on it and a hole in it...... just glad it was the bag and not my seat cover!!!! You might want to put it in a bag and then use a plastic bag as well....... didn't know they had those....keep that in mind for next time!

~Tondi

csa12
08-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks Dana and Tondi for the helpful tips!!! Nothing will be able to get through all the layers I have planned to wrap my Marathon in-hahahaha :)

Cheryl