PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat in a Saturn

lindyn
08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Hello,

We are expecting our first baby right around Christmas and have begun to prepare for his/her arrival. My car is a 1995 Saturn SC1. I was wondering if anyone has installed the necessary tethers in a Saturn. Where did you have them installed? Having such a small back seat, I was wondering if was even possible (although I'm pretty sure it is).

Thanks in advance for your help!

lindyn (my first post!)

murphydog77
08-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi Lindyn. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival and your first post!

Your Saturn dealer should be able to install a tether anchor for you for free. If you look in your rear filler panel, you should see something like a plastic plug in the center spot of the outboard seating positions--that's where the anchor will go. Keep in mind that we only use tether anchors when children are forward-facing, so you have quite some time yet to figure out where the tether anchor should be installed :).

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

luvbeinmama
08-17-2003, 12:08 AM
I have a '96 SC1 (1st year of the newer design). I had tethers installed in mine and they are working just fine. Go to your Saturn dealer and they will install them for free in the panel under your back window.

BTW, the only convertible car seat I found (3 years ago) that would fit my SC1 rear-facing was the Evenflo Horizon V, because it is relatively short. Even then, I had to drive all the time (until DS went FF) because I don't push the seat all the way back. DH drives with the seat all the way back and the seat wouldn't fit if he was driving.

HTH!