PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout Recline Question

STEPHD219
08-14-2003, 09:43 PM
We have just moved our four month old out of his SnugRide into his Roundabout and I have to say I just don't like his new seat yet. When he falls asleep, his head falls really far forward. He ends up with marks from the chest clip on his face and he just looks really uncomfortable. This never happened as severely with the SnugRide.

We have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan and have the seat rear facing and tethered. It is secured using LATCH. We have the seat reclined all the way (in the sleep position). Do I need a towel or noodle under the front? How do I know if the recline is correct? I miss the guage on the SnugRide that tells you if it is reclined correctly. I will have the seat checked by a tech sometime next week, but am looking for some guidance until then.

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie
Mom to Griffin 3/24/03

murphydog77
08-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Hi Stephanie. Sounds like it's not reclined enough. Just pull the tether tighter and that will increase the recline (I'm assuming you have it tethered down toward the front of the vehicle). If you feel that it will break the seat by pulling the tether tighter, then you may want to use a noodle or tightly rolled towel in the bight under the seat. The bight is the crack in the back seat where the back cushion meets the bottom cushion.

Here's some guidance on determining recline angle:
http://www.carseatsite.com/reclineangle.htm

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

houseof3boys
08-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Stephanie do you have a place you can take it to get inspected? That is what we did with our RA and we didn't have the angle correct and he adjusted it with a rolled up towel. This way, you could be sure that it was installed correctly. Also wanted to mention that the firefighter that did our inspection on both of our seats said that the level on the Snugride is not accurate and it should not be used as the end all be all to the correct seat installation.

STEPHD219
08-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Thank you for the replies. I never thought of adjusting the tether! We will definately have our car seat inspected this coming week.

Stephanie
Mom to Griffin 3/24/03