PDA

View Full Version : Need Second Carseat Advice

agomalley
08-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Hi! Currently, my DS is in his Snugride. However, at 4 months he is 25 and 3/4 inches long, so I think he'll be out of it soon. We were given a Britax Roundabout as a shower gift. Since I'll be at home for the next year, we'll be putting it in my car (a Subaru Forester). My husband has a Honda Accord and we'll be getting a carseat for that, too. What would be a solid, relatively inexpensive second seat? I'd love another Britax, but since we just gave up my salary so I can stay home next year that doesn't look feasible.
Thanks,
Anabelle and Ryan 4/9/03

Joolsplus2
08-15-2003, 09:29 PM
There's a *brand new* Cosco Touriva at Walmart that was a VERY impressive seat, for $48 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=86323&dept=5427&product_id=2233776&path=0%3A5427%3A86323%3A91365%3A91369
The difference in this one and the older blue ones is big: the cover covers the whole seat, the padding behind the head is good, and the number one improvement is that they've dumped the old nylon straps of the harness for new polyester ones....like the ones on a britax...thick and twist resistant.
Also, the Graco ComfortSport is decent, but it has the nylon straps, slightly lower top slots, and can be difficult to adjust when rearfacing (the adjsuter sort of jams into a lot of seatbacks).
Basically, ANY low-price convertible should be a good choice, EXCEPT for the Century STE's...they have a 22 pound RF limit, and an over the lap beltpath when RF that is really difficult to get the baby in and out.