PDA

View Full Version : Acura Integra hatchback

Percycat
08-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I have an acura integra hatchback and am starting to look at convertible car seats. The back seat has two bucket-type seats directly behind the passenger seats. There is no middle back seat. I am concerned that a rear facing convertible car seat will not fit in the back seat and it will be too difficult to place my 8 month old son in the car seat. We are currently using a snugride, but my son will soon out grow it (unless he already has?)

Does anyone have experience using a rear facing convertible car seat in an acura integra hatchback?

I know I can try the seat in my car at BRU, but I don't want to take out my snugride base until I am ready to switch seats. Based on information I have read at this site and others, I would like to buy a Marathon, but because it is longer than most, I am especially concerned it will not fit in my car.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks.
angela

Joolsplus2
08-18-2003, 06:58 PM
you can try it out behind the driver's side...that would give you just as good an idea of how it would fit behind the passenger seat...

Anyway, it's the deep, sculpted seat in your car that would make the Marathon likely work very well. Also the Roundabout and Evenflo Triumph might be good choices. Since your baby is older, you can make the seat more upright than you would for a newborn, and you may find the Marathon fits very well, since the top of it might meet the top of the front seat (I have mine RF in a Toyota Prius, behind the driver's seat, which is pushed ALL the way back, though isn't very reclined, it's still comfortable enough for driving).

You can check www.carseatdata.org to see if there are any seats listed for your car, and maybe finding a tech in your area would give you hints and tips for installing it (Make sure they teach you how!)
www.seatcheck.net and www.seatcheck.org are helpful for finding a tech near you.

Your Snugride is outgrown when your son reaches 20 pounds OR when his head is about an inch from the top of the seatback...if he's got less than an inch, you need a new seat fast! :)

Percycat
08-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Hi Julie,
Thank you for your reply and the link to carseatdata.org. This information was very helpful. The website indicated that several people have had success with the roundabout in the integra. It also listed several seats that were not successful. I will go to the store and try the seats behind the drivers seat.

Thanks for your recommendation about having the seat installation checked. I had the snug ride installed by our fire department and plan to ask them to help with the next seat too.

I have read several of your posts today and really appreciate the advice you have given.

Thanks
angela

Joolsplus2
08-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Thank you :)
Be sure to post back and tell us what works for you!