PDA

View Full Version : Does the Marathon fit well in a VW Passat?

JLiebCamm
08-21-2003, 09:29 AM
I'm trying to decide if I should order a Marathon (right now I have the Graco ComfortSport but don't like the way my DS's head flops around when he is sleeping) but before I take the plunge, I'd like to know if the marathon fits well in a Passat. I have a Roundabout in our Subaru Outback and my DH complains about the front seat being up to far to accomodate its size. Hope someone out there can help! Thanks!

Stpatrick_Aidan
08-21-2003, 11:14 AM
I have a Jetta with a Marathon rearfacing on the driver's side. It really depends on how much leg room you and your hubby need. I am 5'5" and hubby is 5'9" and we can agree to have the seat in one position that suits us both. I also have it tethered and since it is a VW there is not a structural nonmoving part so at the advice of a VW rep I have it tethered to the bar under the seat, which means the seat cannot be moved at all. In my opinion, it isn't a big deal. I can drive my car comfortably and the seat is rock solid. By the way, isn't the Passat a little bigger in the back than the Jetta? The Marathon should fit even better then.

Shauna

Shannah
08-23-2003, 03:22 PM
We have a 1999 VW Passat and use the Britax Marathon. When it was rear facing we did have to put the seat almost all the way forward. I would not choose to sit like that normally! My dh is 6'3" and I'm 5'8" but we only drive as a family occasionally and I would sit in the passenger seat when we did. Now that it is forward facing it is great! We have the latch and tether and it is unmovable. VW will retrofit the latch and the tether, mine was covered under the warranty.

Shannah
ds-Liam 15 months

August Mom
08-25-2003, 02:21 PM
We have a 2001.5 Passat sedan with a Marathon installed rear facing on the passenger outboard side. As an earlier post mentioned, we tethered to the bar beneath the seat. I'm 5'6" and to accomodate the seat, we have the passenger seat moved forward to the same position I use while driving. It is a little further forward than I would like as a passenger, but not uncomfortable. When the seat is turned forward facing, we will have to remove the back headrest for proper fit. BTW, I found that the base of the Marathon fit in the Passat better than the Roundabout.