PDA

View Full Version : Latch Installation ?

Robyn
08-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm sure this is a silly question, but I'm getting ready to install our Marathon carseat for my 4 month old. We will be using the latch hook up, which seems fairly easy. Could I install it myself, or do I need to take it to the fire department or another professional? Thanks!

Joolsplus2
08-21-2003, 10:36 AM
I'd try it myself, first...it's really pretty straightforward. First, read the manual, both for the seat and for the car.
Make sure you are using a spot that is approved for the LATCH (the center of most sedans is not usually a LATCH location, but your manual will clarify).
Look at (or feel for...mine are DEEP!) the LATCH anchors, LATCH the inside (away from the door) first, then latch the second side, the one close to the door, then put a lot of weight in the seat and pull the LATCH belts tight.
Then look for a place to tether it http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

If your car does not have latch anchors in the center, and you want to put the seat there, then just follow the directions for a seatbelt installation :)

If you have problems, write back, and if the problems are huge, go to a cps tech.... :)... shouldn't be, though, i find my Marathon surprisingly easy to install, sometimes even easier with the seatbelt than with latch, even!

Robyn
08-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Thank you Julie! I'll give it a shot, and write back if I get stuck. Thanks again!