PDA

View Full Version : I can't keep DD in her Wizard

teresajill
08-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Is anyone else having troubles? DD pushes the chest clop down and gets her arms out of the belts so that she can lean forward to look around. HELP!

4justice
08-22-2003, 04:30 AM
My son does this also. He is still in his RA though, so it's not because he's trying to see, he just has issues being strapped in.}> For us, we needed to go the old discipline route, you know, time out or the "we're pulling over", etc.. It has actully gotten alot better.
I don't know how old your DD is, but I guess without trying to alter the seat in any way,(I am of course excluding in this statement the altering to the headrest Britax suggests if necessary on their website. You might try that?) explain to her how she needs to be safe and I guess through trial and error and time, your persistance will get the point across to her.

Sorry I don't have better suggestions. Just letting you know you are not alone. I think we all at one point have had to train our little 'escape artists' the importance of being safe and remaining buckled and secure, no matter the seat.
Good luck!

teresajill
08-22-2003, 09:54 AM
I had this problem once in a while with her old car seat, but discipline solved the problem. She finally gave up. Now that she's in the Wizard, it's every single time we go anywhere. She can't see much, not even her little brother, without at least bending her neck forward. DD is 27 months, so explaining things doesn't help a whole lot at this point.

Joolsplus2
08-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Would it be possible to put her seat in the center, so she could see out the windshield? Or turn her rearfacing so she can see out the back window? (my almost 4 yo is 31 pounds and loves sitting RF, she will till she's 33 pounds, too).

Or you could contact Britax and ask if they have the Racer cover that has viewports built in to the headwings, which might increase her view enough.

I kind of go through the same thing with my kids in the bodyguard...they lean forward the whole trip trying to look out....the seatbelt is still on them, but I wonder if it can really protect their heads in a side crash...hmmm...maybe i need a racer cover, too!