PDA

View Full Version : Washing Marathon Cover

cinrein
08-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Has anyone washed their Britax Marathon cover? How did it turn out?

DD "christened" ours this weekend. We pulled over and wiped it off with diaper wipes and there are no visible stains. I'd like to do a better job cleaning it and was wondering if it's better to spot wash it with actual soap and water or just wash the whole thing in the machine.

ak_becky_book
08-27-2003, 08:05 PM
I have not washed my current one, but I bought a used denim cover on e-bay to have one while washing the other and she washed and then tried to iron it. The backing melted. So I think you can wash, but don't dry or iron.

Now if I could just find the right bag to check my roundabout in I would be in business.

Rebecca
Mom to Samantha
12/1/02

joodyjr
08-28-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the Marathon cover is not machine washable. I wasn't real tickled with that but decided it was a small sacrifice for such a good car seat.

lvp49
08-29-2003, 12:38 PM
I have hade my Marathon since December. I have washed the cover at least three times, and it is fine. I have the blue plushy fabric with paw prints. I wash it in cold water and remove right away and hang to dry. Its fine

Not being able to wash it is a joke, and totally unrealistic on the part of Britax.

kristie
09-03-2003, 12:47 PM
I have washed mine too! I hand washed it and hung it to dry and it seems just fine. I also have a slipcover that I use from time to time on top of my older Roundabout that got stained/faded (denim) in a Silky Oriental fabric from my store.
I also bought a new cover from Britax in the faux cowprint for the Roundabout. I like to have extra covers, just in case!

Joolsplus2
09-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Right, it definitely says NOT to machine wash it, but I am *certain* that the gentle/handwash cycle in my machine is more gentle than I could be handwashing it in the sink. I don't put mine in the dryer at all, though, the heat might damage the elastic.

kristie
09-05-2003, 02:48 AM
I agree, no dryer!