PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find an ADJUSTABLE Baby Trend Latch-Loc?

ckate1
08-27-2003, 01:51 PM
The Baby Trend Latch-Loc is BB's recommended LATCH infant seat, especially the adjustable. However, I cannot find the adjustable version anywhere, even on Baby Trend's website. I contacted BT and they said the seats were being shipped as we spoke to Babies R Us stores. When I called BRU they had no idea what I was talking about (not that I was really that surprised). I've also checked online at Baby Depot, Buy Buy Baby, babyuniverse, babystyle, greatbeginnings, babygearmart, and babycatalog. I'd love some help finding this seat. Thanks!

-ckate1

Joolsplus2
08-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Check amazon.com/babiesrus.com....they have it for sale as part of a travel system only, but they have no picture up yet. Maybe you could at least get the "formal name" for the travel system, and call your local bru with it to see if they have it in stock or what.
Good luck!

ckate1
08-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I found a customer service number for Baby Trend and called them. They confirmed that the adjustable model is only available with the travel system. So, at least I can stop banging my head against that wall. The BRU close to me does have a BT travel system, but not the one with the adjustable back. This must be a new model and all BRUs do not yet have them. I'll have to determine if I like the travel system first and decide if it's worth waiting for the adj. model. I may just go for the regular latch-loc sans the travel system.
-ckate1

marie
08-28-2003, 10:03 AM
I was told that the adjustable back model is packaged with the "Tahoe" travel system and is a BRU exclusive.

This is the e-mail response I received from Baby Trend:

"The Latch-Loc Adjustable Back will be included in the Tahoe Travel System model #5588CT. It is currently in some
Babies R Us stores around the country. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-328-7363.
Thank you

Arlene C.
Baby Trend Inc.
800-328-7363 ext. 211"

DH and i are trying to figure out if the travel system is worth the $$. (we hadn't planned on getting a travel system at all. . .)

good luck!

ckate1
08-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Having the actual name of the stroller and the item # should help track it down. I am also wondering if it's worth it to get the travel system. First, I need to make sure the infant seat and base actually fit in my car! We'll see tomorrow as I trek once again to BRU. I can't wait until this madness is over. Good luck to you as well.
-ckate1