PDA

View Full Version : Question on Prince Lionheart Seatsaver

Brenly
05-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Hello,

I recently received one of those waterproof car seat protectors that you place under a child's car seat. It's supposed to protect the surface of the seat from indentations and spilled messes.

Well, interestingly enough, we recently went to our local police station for assistance in installing our infant seat and the policeman discouraged us from using the seatsaver. He said there have been no tests to indicate that it is safe to use with an infant/child car seat...that it is nothing more than an obstruction that may compromise how securely the seat is installed. We decided not to use it for now, but plan to hold onto it for the Britax we bought for when our baby is older.

It has me concerned, though. I was wondering what your take was on this product. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Brenly

Joolsplus2
05-21-2004, 11:33 AM
My personal test is if the seat fits tightly both with and without it, then I use it. That way, I'm sure it's not interfering with the installation. Once or twice, with various seat installs, it HAS kept the seat from getting tight enough, and I didn't use it.
It hasn't been crash tested, but neither has the much-lauded rubber shelf liner or pool noodle, so I really don't think it poses a big safety risk.

Just my 2 cents,
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx