PDA

View Full Version : Looking for most recent BBargains top carseats

downwarddog
05-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm expecting a baby in September & have begun the carseat search:-) I bought Baby Bargains in October, but only recently realized it's version 4.2, not the latest edition. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the latest car seat recommendations are any different?

I'm looking for an infant seat -- we have a 2001 Honda Civic sedan with LATCH, and a '97 Nissan Pathfinder SUV(no LATCH). I've read several people mention that they don't use a base in their 2nd car, so should I assume that it would be possible to strap in the infant seat in the SUV?

I am in the process of checking out the websites others have offered to others already, but am curious as to what the latest edition says. Thanks:-)

~DownwardDog in NH

DebbieJ
05-25-2004, 11:26 AM
You can't go wrong with the Graco SnugRide.

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

mickey
06-03-2004, 01:14 AM
I have version 5.0 and a 7 month old - and the book and myself recommend the Snugride.

I would get an extra base for your second car - even though technically you don't need one - I didn't use the base when we went on vacation - and I was totally paranoid - the base just seems to hold the seat more securely. For the occasional trip in someone elses car or a taxi - no big deal not using the base. Neither of our cars had latch - and the bases were easy to install just with the seatbelts.

I think I bought my extra base (and my carseat) at Babycenter.com. If you join their club you get an extra discount twice a year plus free shipping. If you plan on purchasing more than one item over $100 - it is well worth it.

If you can wait a few weeks - wait until they have a sale going on - they will probably have something over the 4th - since they just had a Memorial Day sale.

downwarddog
06-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks! My only concern is whether my baby will outgrow it too soon since I know the ht/wt restrictions are less than others, but I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks also for the website info -- very helpful as you all know how expensive preparing for a babe can be:-)

~Lenore
Due in Sept in NH

kijip
06-03-2004, 08:57 PM
For a higher size limit the Field's suggest the Baby Trend Adjustable back Latch LOC. Only the adjustable back version has the higher limits and right now it is only sold with a travel system. Also they were impressed with the Combi tyro in the latest version of the book which also has higher limits.

downwarddog
06-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Oooh, great! Thanks for those tips! I'll be doing some shopping around next week so that's great timing:-)

Thanks again,
Lenore
Due in Sept in NH

HallsofVA
06-04-2004, 11:28 PM
>My only concern is whether my baby will outgrow it
>too soon since I know the ht/wt restrictions are less than
>others, but I'll definitely check it out.
>
My son is 4 1/2 months, and is getting close to growing out of the Snugride. While the infant seat is very convenient, honestly it's getting so heavy carrying both him and the car seat, that I wouldn't be lugging it around much longer even if the weight limits were higher. We're planning to keep using it through our first plane trip in mid-June, then will start transition to the convertible seat.