PDA

View Full Version : Is it crazy to buy a used Britax laptop?

tribecamom
05-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Need something for almost 2yo dd in NYC taxis; she is 30 pounds, 33 inches. Sit n sTroll for travel, but it doesn't work in NYC as a stroller (and I can't lift her and the seat without DH)

is a laptop hard to install? is it nuts to buy off ebay...other option is the tote 'n go or lap, neither too good with crazy NYC drivers

Joolsplus2
05-29-2004, 11:57 AM
If you trust the seller, I think it's probably ok. There aren't so many moving parts to damage on a laptop.
There will be a NEW one on ebay on June 5th...it's a fundraiser for www.car-seat.org so it might cost quite a bit more, but the cost over $55 is tax-deductible as a donation, and you are SURE it's new :)
Oh, it's not at all hard to use...I have one I started using with my dd at that age...she slips down a bit on long trips, but it's not so bad if you are sitting right next to them.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

DeeEast
06-03-2004, 10:51 PM
>Need something for almost 2yo dd in NYC taxis; she is 30
>pounds, 33 inches. Sit n sTroll for travel, but it doesn't
>work in NYC as a stroller (and I can't lift her and the seat
>without DH)
>
>

Can I ask why you say that the Sit-n-Stroll doesn't work in NYC as a stroller?

jd11365
06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm not the OP, but my experience with the SnS in NYC was less than favorable because it's not great on pavement, you have to turn it backwards to go up or down the sidewalk curbs, not the smoothest steer... But I only tried it once in NYC. I'm sure Tribecamom will have more experience and a better answer for you.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03