PDA

View Full Version : Where to put 2 car seats?

cara1
05-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Still trying to decide if we should stick with my Chevy Malibu or move on to (gulp!) a minivan. I'm sure the Malibu would fit two car seats, but here's my question. Do we put one in the center and one on the side, or put one on either side so that there's no chance at all for an additional passenger? Is there room for a second seat of one is in the center? I'm asking regarding convertible plus infant seat, as well as two convertibles. TIA.

Joolsplus2
05-31-2004, 11:57 AM
I know a tech with a Malibu and three seats in the back, so I think you should be able to put your 2 seats side by side. Which seats are you thinking about/do you have already?
Also, you could keep them separated for day to day driving (sometimes kids just need a little space...mine would have killed each other and driven me crazy if they were next to each other all the time, lol), and put one seat in the center when you want to put that third person in the back.
You'll probably just have to try it and see, and if the seats you have don't work, we may be able to find you one that will :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tinkerbell1217
05-31-2004, 10:13 PM
I had a Ford Mustang LX with my kids. When DS was born DD was 18 months so I had the infant seat and a convertible seat. I put them side by side in the back seat and had the front passenger side available for another person. Small car for that many seats and people, but worked out just fine for the year or so I had the car til I got a diff one. I didn't have a center seatbelt so there was no debate, but when I started using my grandma's Toyota Cressida station wagon I had the option and chose to use the outer seatbelts. It just fit better. I know they are safer in the middle though.

cara1
06-02-2004, 02:18 PM
We have a Marathon now, and will be getting my in-laws' second Marathon as well. What do you think?

Joolsplus2
06-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh, I'm so dumb! I thought she had a Malibu, but she has an Impala...apparantly it's a bit bigger. She thought *maybe* if one was rf and one was ff they *might* fit next to each other, and *maybe* another adult would fit...but it would have to be one skinny adult... :(
Maybe a roundabout or touriva would work better if you want to get three people in there?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx