PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend Car Seat

jaydaj
06-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Has anyone found where you can purchase the Baby Trend Adjustable Back car seat without it being part of the Baby Trend travel system? From my online and in store research, it seems that it is easy to find the Baby Trend Latch-Loc car seat but not with the adjustable back. I have only been able to find this car seat with the adjustable back in conjunction with the stroller, which I do not want. Since the Book recommends this seat so highly, I want to get it but am having a hard time.

DebbieJ
06-02-2004, 10:54 PM
You used to be able to but it directly from Baby Trend, but some folks said they didn't have any left. Someone else posted a while ago saying that BT was coming out with a model to sell in BRU without the stroller, but that won't be til the end of summer.

I have one that I bought directly from BT and used sparingly for three months that I'm willing to part with...

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

maryanndag
06-14-2004, 01:29 AM
According to the Baby Trend website, their products are sold exclusively at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby. Babies R Us does not sell the infant car seat SEPERATELY....at least not as of June 13th. I'll check Buy Buy Baby next. Seems like a ploy to force consumers to buy their inferior stroller. I hope someone can help, especially since this is touted by Baby Bargains as the best infant car seat for cars with the LATCH system.

Maryann

candiwam
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I had this same exact question myself, and I just got off the phone right now with Baby Trend's customer service dept. Per their customer service rep on 6/14, the adjustable back version of the infant seat will be available w/o the stroller at BRU and TRU in mid-August, in the Glen Rock pattern (which is a black, red, and white plaid).

Other posters have said they were able to purchase the seat separately, directly from Baby Trend. I was hoping to get one myself this way, but Baby Trend is now out of those seats and will not have any more available from them directly. So from what I've seen and been told, your only option is to buy directly from BRU/TRU...either now, as part of the Tahoe travel system, or waiting til mid-August when the seat is supposed to be available on its own.

And small correction to one of the posters before. The Baby Trend website actually says it's sold exclusively thru BRU and TRU...*NOT* Buy Buy Baby. I checked the Buy Buy Baby website, and I didn't see Baby Trend infant seats anywhere on their website. There's no store near me, so I couldn't tell you if the stores have anything different.

HTH! =)
Candice
Due 9/4 with #1...and holding my breath for the adjustable-back seat from BRU in mid-August =)