PDA

View Full Version : Question for friend who was in a car accident

Samraelanelevi
06-02-2004, 09:16 PM
A close friend of mine was in an accident (going 35 mph and rear ended someone-no injureries) and her insurance will give her 50% of the replacement value of her car seats. The issue is they were a FP Futura, a FP safe embrace and the FP stay in view. Since they are no longer made, the insurance adjuster said to find similar seats and fax her the info on them. Which seats do you consider to be the most similar to those FP seats? I was thinking the RA is probably the closest to the safe Embrace and the Airway (is that still available? Any good?) for the futura. But what about the stay in view? The good thing is that her daughter was outgrowing the stay in view so any money she does get will go toward the seat she was already planning to purchase-a RA. Well thanks for the help-any and all ideas are appreciated.

ALLEYCAT
06-02-2004, 09:37 PM
tHE INSSURANCE COMPANY IS PROBABLY LOOKING FOR A CAR SEAT THAT IS "SIMILAR" MEANING EITHER AN INFANT, CONVERTABLE OR BOOSTER. i WOULD GET THE INFO ON THE SEATS SHE NEEDS/WANTS IE.bRITAX wIZARD, ra, mARATHON ECT. AND SEND THAT IN. iT NEVER HURTS TO ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT.

vikivoly
06-02-2004, 10:51 PM
If she has the receipt for any of the seats, that should work. I'm guessing they'll probably want similar seats made by the same manufacturer. Of course if she can get away with it, why not send them pricing on the Britax versions.

ALLEYCAT
06-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Wow I think I should have previewed my message, sorry for the backwards capitalizations. Is that what you would call it? Anyway, I would ask for exactly what I wanted, Britax being my first choice and see what they say-if anything.