PDA

View Full Version : Best way to transport Wizard through airport?

geochick
06-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I am looking for the best way to transport my Wizard through the airport. I will be traveling alone with my 5 month old ds and will have a stroller, diaper bag, and my Wizard. I have seen the Pac Back by Cheeky Monkey, the Car Seat Bag by Dex (with shoulder straps), and the LoRider car seat dolly by Kiddie Cargo. Do you have any experience with any of these? Is one better than another? Is there a better system? I am leaning towards the Pac Back because it doesn’t look like it would be hard to store once I get on the plane. The others are much more bulky. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joolsplus2
06-07-2004, 01:51 PM
The Britaxes fit beautifully on the $25 Samsonite Micro Mover. You bungee the seat on easily, drag it with you, and it folds up teeny tiny :)
Or you can clip the top tether to the crotch strap and use the versa-tether as a backpack. Or it fits great in a lot of strollers, and some of us just plop the baby in the seat and the seat on the stroller...but only if it's very secure-feeling, obviously!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

DeeEast
06-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I posted last week about how beautifully my Wizard fit inside the seat of my Peg Perego Pliko stroller. Then my DD rode in the carseat sitting in the stroller all the way through the airport. MUCH easier than carrying it and you don't need to find another way to carry your baby through the airport.

geochick
06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Has anyone done this with a Zippy? Do you have to fasten the seat in the stroller or does it nest snugly? Thanks.

DeeEast
06-08-2004, 12:26 PM
In the Pliko I removed the napper bar and then used a small bungee cord we got at Wal-Mart around the back connected to the forward facing beltway and that held it very snugly. Its worth a try with the Zippy. Just take it out and see how well it fits.

new_mommy25
06-11-2004, 05:02 AM
I travel with DS a lot. Normally i throw the Marathon into the P3 and then carry DS in a sling. I throw my backpack and whatever else I'm carrying on top. Maybe it's just me but I would never put my DS into the carseat in a stroller. It seems way to dangerous. I have an Eddie Bauer bag for the car seat as well. (purchased at BRU). On my last layover DS passes out in the stroller so I slung the car seat onto my back. I almkost died, it's so darn heavy. I would carry my DS over the carseat any day!

geochick
06-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks Angie-

I ended up ordering a Micro Mover. I hope I survive my trip - my son isn't exactly easy-going.

DeeEast
06-11-2004, 06:08 PM
> Maybe it's just me but I
>would never put my DS into the carseat in a stroller. It
>seems way to dangerous.

It was very secure with the bungee cord. I would never endanger my child, believe me.

lilye13
06-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I want to try it with my zippy too - any hints??

geochick
06-12-2004, 04:51 PM
It would be fun to try, but I don't want to un-install my Wizard to experiment. Anyone else braver than I am?

DeeEast
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
>I want to try it with my zippy too - any hints??

I don't know anything about the Zippy, sorry. If you can unhook the napper bar (if there is one) then just try setting the seat down in the stroller seat itself. If the stroller seat is wide enough for the base, it should be pretty secure. Be sure to recline the stroller seatback to the same recline as the carseat. Take a bungee (small one, we got ours at Wal-Mart in a big pack of different sizes) and just hook it on both sides of the metal bars at the base of the Marathon/Wizard and wrap it around the back of the stroller seat. Good luck.