PDA

View Full Version : Graco Platinum CarGo

jmac588
06-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Does anyone hate this as much as I do?

I admit to going cheap and not getting the Britax MA when I needed to give baby #2 the Britax RA. I should have bought the MA for my 3 yo but I lost my job at the exact time I needed to move the baby out of the infant seat.

I can't stand the Platinum CarGo. And I bought 2!!!!!

The straps twist so much that it's driving me insane. And the plate that covers the tightening strap comes off every time I pull the strap. Which means that the strap gets pulled up or at the wrong angle and therefore the entire tightening mechanism doesn't work. Sometimes I can click the plate back into place quickly so that the strap pulls at the correct angle and tightens the thing...other times it's takes awhile.

This seat is only a few months old and has been doing this since about a month after I bought it. The twisting straps are really making me upset. Then the kids were picked up by my parents and as I was strapping them into the second seat I bought, the straps were even worse on that one and it has only been used maybe 4 times.

What a piece of junk.

Do I have two lemons here or is this a typical problem?

Jill
ds 1/19/01
dd 3/18/03

Joolsplus2
06-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Once you go Britax, there's no turning back...sigh.
Try calling Graco and getting them to replace the harnesses, maybe? I dunno if they'd be any better, but it couldn't hurt, and then Graco would know there's a need for polyester harnesses and not ropy nylon (at the very least...not great, I know, I know...)

:(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx