PDA

View Full Version : where in the back seat do you put the car seat?

jennmw
06-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Yes, I'm a first time mom and not sure where you are supposed to put the car seat, behind either the passenger or driver side or in the middle or does it matter?

TraciG
06-10-2004, 04:31 PM
ours is in the middle, I think it's the safest spot.

hobey
06-10-2004, 06:41 PM
The middle is the safest spot and that's where we put our infant seat bases. Now that we've moved to convertible seats, we were able to install our Marathon in the middle seat of a non-LATCH Honda CRV but had to install our Evenflo Triumph behind the passenger seat of a LATCH Honda Civic.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Momof3Labs
06-10-2004, 11:02 PM
The middle is the safest ONLY if you can get a good, tight installation there. Otherwise either outboard side is still very safe, as long as the seat is properly installed.

jennmw
06-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone. We decided we are going to go to our local police or fire station and have them put it in as I guess you can just drive up and they'll install it for you.

Momof3Labs
06-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Make sure that you are working with a car seat tech, not just any fireman or police officer - not all are certified in car seat safety. Also, make sure that YOU know how to install the seat when you leave there!!