PDA

View Full Version : I took a Marathon and a Roundabout on a cross country trip....one wqas much better!

jesseandgrace
06-10-2004, 11:28 PM
i HAVE A MARATHON FOR ds (3 years old) and a Roundabout for DD (just turned one). We drove across country a few months ago and have been doing a ton of driving since arriving in California. I have had to transfer the seats to another car, take them on the plane, change the positions of them in our van, you name it I've done it. I just wanted to post that IMO the Marathon is the clear winner. It was always easier to install (I used both latch and regular belt in different cars). The tether was easier to adjust, the latch was easier to tighten, and the seat was just easier to deal with. I know people often post about this, and I just thought I would give my two cents! I was actually surprised at how much better the marathon performed. It wasn't even close!

Joolsplus2
06-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh cool :)
Can I just ask one thing? Was the Roundabout the "old style" with the big rounded base, or the new style that has a base just like the Marathon's?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jesseandgrace
06-11-2004, 10:28 PM
The roundabout was the new one with the smaller base. The thing that really bothered me about it is that the straps kept (keep) twisting and when you pull them tighter or make them looser they do not do so evenly and it is a real PIA to try to get a good fit where one shoulder is not too tight and the other is not too loose. That NEVER happened to me on my old roundabout. I don't think the straps ever twisted. The tether also got bunched up and I can't get it to loosen so I can use it. I am going to have to pull the whole thing out tomorrow. The marathon with the heavier straps has been perfect.

Joolsplus2
06-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Wow, that is so wild to hear! I would have so thought the new RA base would have made all the difference, but evidently the problem is in the harness....I wonder if you got a lemon (???)
Thanks so much for the report :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx